A town of about 40,000 residents and home to a thriving Brazilian population, Everett, Massachusetts borders Chelsea, Boston, Revere, Malden, Somerville, and the Mystic River. A number of well-known movies were filmed here including one by Ben Affleck and others with Adam Sandler and Kevin James.
A fas- growing community often means heavy traffic and motorists who are in a hurry or not paying attention to traffic or pedestrians. Further, being so close to Boston and so many other small cities and towns means that an Everett car accident is not uncommon.
Many Everett residents who have suffered car accident injuries turn to Everett car accident lawyer Timothy P. Houten to get them the compensation their injury claim deserves. Although there are numerous other Everett attorneys to choose from, many of these clients return to Timothy Houten or refer their friends and family to him, knowing that they have received the highest level of legal representation and service.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Not every accident is the same of course, though common legal principles apply to the type of car or motor vehicle accident that caused your injuries. Accordingly, Timothy Houten uses his knowledge and experience in having successfully handled these types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Injured pedestrians
- Truck accidents
- Accidents involving city or state owned vehicles
- Injuries from defective auto products such as tires, faulty brakes or steering
- Injuries from a flawed auto design or incorporation of materials of insufficient strength leading to rollovers or ejections
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Underinsured motorist claims
- Defective roadways
Any of these accidents may have different causes or involve multiple parties. Factors that can lead to an Everett car accident include:
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Distracted driving
- Excessive speed
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failure to stop at a red light or stop sign
- Following too closely
- Debris in the roadway
- Travelling too fast or unsafely for the road conditions
What can an Everett Car Accident Lawyer Do?
Though many small or minor accident claims can be handled by you, an accident with significant injuries including accidents resulting in back and neck strains and sprains, or whiplash, should be handled by an experienced car accident lawyer. Too many times, injury claims have been compromised by victims who made statements that minimized their injuries, suggested their own culpability, failed to recover certain benefits, or who ignored the responsibility of other parties who could have contributed substantially in compensation. By retaining the services of Everett personal injury attorney Timothy Houten, he can do the following for your claim:
- Handle all insurance issues including questions of coverage and payment of medical expenses
- Represent you if a recorded statement is to be taken
- Make sure timelines are followed
- If notice of a claim is required such as in a claim against the state or municipality, he can ensure it is submitted with the required information and within the time prescribed by law
- Ensure you are receiving all of your PIP benefits
- See that you are receiving the medical care appropriate for your injury and condition
- Investigate the factual circumstances of your accident if liability is disputed and retain experts if needed
- Fully document and substantiate your claim for damages
- Take statements of witnesses
- Explore sources of compensation
- Handle and arbitrate an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim
- See what other factors may have caused or contributed to the accident
- Notify all responsible parties and insurers
- Prepare and submit a settlement demand package
- Litigate your case to trial if necessary
Your focus following a car accident is to recover and return to your normal daily activities as soon as you can without having to deal with delays in getting benefits, getting your medical expenses paid, or arguing with recalcitrant insurance adjusters whose main goal is to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible.
Trust your accident claim to Timothy P. Houten, the Everett personal injury accident lawyer so many residents have turned to over the past 30 years to get them the compensation they deserve. Contact his office today to discuss your injury claim.